Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Home Free

We drank wine and ate dates and cheese and crackers and watched a horrible movie.



More on the topic of Roomie... I've decided to call her Valentine, or Val for short.
It seems to suit her somehow, she's... sparkly.

Not bubbly, because that implies something more of the cheerleader set, but sparkly.


She's super-into health and fitness and goes to the gym twice a day.
I could hate her, if she wasn't so likeable.  :)

Instead, she says things like:
"We'll have to go for a walk so you can learn the streets around here!"
or "I know the best place for fresh produce, I'll take you!"
and "There are a couple of wine bars around here, you'll meet someone in no time!"

She's positively sparkly.


It was fun getting to know her, and explaining some basic things about my life to this point was easier with a little bit of wine to smooth the way.  Like I said last night, I think we're going to be friends.


Today on the agenda:  picking up books, brushing up my resume, emailing it to a few key people who are going to help me with getting my name out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment