Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stranger: Familiar

So, hopefully you've figured it out by now, I'm a blogger on the run, someone you know, and if you've received an invitation to read this blog, it's because I count you as a trustworthy friend.

I made a mistake, I allowed myself to be too findable, and... well, I'm a really trusting person.

It came to light that A. had found my other blog and read a... a significant and damning portion of it, and was using some of the juicier bits to tease information out of me, posing as a kindred soul with a preternatural level of understanding about my thoughts, feelings, and perceptions.
I figured it out, confronted him, and he confirmed it.
I had hysterics over this last night.

I don't know if he intended this playfully, maliciously, or what, and I won't know, because I'm not speaking to him any more.  I don't think A. is a dangerous person, just a misguided one.
I'm certain there was something further he hid from me, because when I demanded some choice information of my own, an exchange of hostages, so to speak, he declined to produce anything... and I'm very hurt over this, but it doesn't matter, I'm done with his games.


Also, there's a small chance that P. found my blog as well, but I'm going on nothing more concrete than the fact that he was playing on my laptop while I was in the shower the other morning, and he's a nosey sort.  Certainly egocentric enough to want to know what I truly thought about him.

Ironically, I would freely have let either of them read my thoughts (after a bit of judicious editing), if only they had asked what I wrote about, but the crushing rockslide of betrayal and suspicion has led me to this course of action.  I can't continue to use my old blog as a safe place to hide...
... but I can't deny that it's a good and worthwhile thing to have, and there was a purpose of writing it.


So, my old blog will remain open, a standing monument to the past 7 years of my life, and one that I'm not ashamed or regretful of... and this one will serve as a record of the new chapter.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh damn should have read this sooner haha
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete